How can the wildness of the Wild Goose become more a part of our local congregations? Why is bringing needed congregational change so hard? What are the essential components of a healthy change process? What kinds of pushback and struggle are inevitable, what are avoidable, and is it worth it in the end?
Pre-Event Preparation: We encourage you to read Brian McLaren's The Great Spiritual Migration, and we invite you to bring a concrete situation into which you would like to bring a specific, describable change.
• The Case for Change/Change Biography - we'll talk about the challenges that make change a matter of survival for our churches, and we'll spend some time in personal reflection and interaction about our experiences as change agents in the past and present.
• What We've Learned about Congregational Change - we'll summarize and discuss the literature and lore of congregational change.
• A template for Congregational Change: We'll present a simple and adaptable template for guiding your congregations through a change process.
• A Change Agent Scenario: We'll break into small groups and use the Change Template as a guide for designing a change process.
• Presentation/Conversation: We'll present and discuss each group's scenario.
• Spiritual Practices for Change Agents: We'll talk about ways to stay grounded and well during the stresses of the change process.
• Why Change Matters: We'll create a video that invites congregations to embrace change.
Anna is the Sr. Director of Communications for CPR/Convergence, is on the Creative staff of the Wild Goose, and is a pastor in the United Methodist Church. Anna thrives on curating creative & entrepreneurial possibility through the revitalization of dying congregations and the radical reimagining of dead and dying spaces.
Brian is a Wild Goose board member, a former church planter and pastor, and an author/activist who seeks to embody and make contagious a new kind of Christianity - just, generous, and engaging with people of all faiths to seek the common good.
Current and past CLP participants: FREE (contact us for your discount code)
Non-CLP participants, Wild Goose attendees and other local faith leaders: $69.00
If you attend the pre-day, are also eligible for entry into the Wild Goose Festival for only $129. Learn more by contacting Lindsay Andreolli-Comstock.